Throughout the year, more than 400 volunteers donate their time at BCC to provide services to clients as well as assist in the day-to-day operations of our center. We simply could not provide the high quality services we do, and remain flexible to the ever-increasing needs of our community, without our dedicated volunteers.
Ways you can help:
Direct Client Services
- Buddy – Use your experience with breast cancer to provide support, information and encouragement, to those when it is most needed.
- Helpliner – Be the first point of contact to clients, supporting callers and walk-in clients by listening to their questions and concerns, providing information about BCC’s services, and matching clients with the services that will help them most.
- Library Research – Keep our breast cancer library current by reviewing medical journals, evaluating content, and coding by library category for client use.
- Weekly Q&A Session – Physicians answer questions and inform clients of the latest breast cancer developments while therapists facilitate the group.
- Office Support – Help staff with filing, organizing, shredding, and other miscellaneous office duties.
- Mailing Party – Collate and organize mass mailings on a monthly basis.
- Library Assistant – Assist with cataloging and checkout of library books, restocking pamphlets, and organizing library shelves.
- Fundraising – Assist Development staff with donor research, event planning, or fundraising campaigns.
- Community Outreach – Support BCC’s community outreach efforts by attending health fairs, marketing BCC services, and more.
- Program Assistant – Assist with billing and other administrative support tasks (assembling folders, phone work, and filing).
- Social Media – Help us grow our online community. Create and collect content for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and more.
- Website Developer/Designer – Help with our website redesign. Build and optimize pages using WordPress, troubleshoot and or debug website related problems that arise. >View Job Description
- Database Designer/Programmer – Assist with improving two relational databases used for client care.
- Graphic Designer – Design print and online materials such as direct mail solicitations, cards, brochures, ect.
- Photographer – Take digital photos for print and online publications. Photograph fundraising or program events and setup photo shoots at BCC.
- Medical Advisory Group – Help provide quality information, services, and programs to clients based on the most current and up-to-date medical information and research.
- Survivorship & Advocacy Task Force - Join BCC’s Survivorship & Advocacy Task Force as we develop strategies to address survivorship needs and advocacy opportunities. Find out more about Advocacy in Action