Makes 4 servings
2 Tbsp. raspberry vinegar
2 Tbsp. raspberry jam
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 cups baby spinach, washed
1/2 cup toasted, chopped macadamia nuts
1/4 cup sliced red onions
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- In a blender, combine the vinegar and jam. Gradually add the oil until a thin dressing forms.
- Toss the spinach, 1/2 of the macadamia nuts, and 1/2 of the red onions with the desired amount of the dressing. Store the remaining dressing tightly covered in the refrigerator.
- Divide the salad onto 3 plates and garnish with the remaining macadamia nuts, red onions, and the raspberries.
Red Pepper Walnut Pâte
2 large red bell peppers
2 tbl olive oil
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup walnuts, chopped
2 tbl chopped fresh parsley
- Roast bell peppers under the broiler, turning frequently, until skin is blackened on all sides. Place bell peppers in paper bag, seal, and let stand 5 minutes. Remove from bag and scrape charred skin from peppers. Remove stems and seeds. Coarsely chop and set aside.
- In skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, stirring often until softened, about 5 minutes.
- In food processor, combine onion mixture, reserved roasted pepper, walnuts, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Process until smooth. Transfer to bowl, and chill before serving.
- Great used as a spread on crostini, bruschetta, or in sandwiches.
Adapted from www.vegetariantimes.com