Volunteer at Bay Area Cancer Connections
Our volunteers provide services to clients as well as assist in the day-to-day operations of our center. We simply could not provide the high quality services we do, and remain flexible to the ever-increasing needs of our community, without our dedicated volunteers.
Join our team
Manager of Volunteer Resources
(650) 326-6299, x16
Ways you can volunteer:
- Buddy – Survivors can volunteer on an on-call basis to help cancer patients. Use your experience with breast cancer or ovarian cancer to provide support, information, and encouragement to someone who is newly diagnosed.
Breast Cancer Buddy Application Ovarian Cancer Buddy Application
- Helpliner – Highly involved, weekly position. Be the first point of contact to clients. Support callers and walk-in clients by listening to their questions and concerns, providing information about BCC’s services, and matching clients with the services that will help them most.
- Library Research – Keep our library current by reviewing medical journals and evaluating content.
- Breast Cancer Weekly Q&A – Provide information on our programs and emotional support for breast cancer clients attending the session.
- Community Outreach: General – Volunteer at Bay Area Cancer Connections info table at various health fairs, fundraisers, or other community events.
- Community Outreach: Medical Facilities – Help optimize Bay Area Cancer Connection’s visibility at local medical facilities. The primary goal of this position is to increase awareness of our organization and maintain relationships with Bay Area medical professionals.
- Research Advocacy Program – Program members actively provide input as patient survivors/advocates for research grants that require patient advocate review and participation.
- Fundraising – Assist Development staff with donor research, event planning, or fundraising campaigns.
- Program Assistant – Assist with billing and other administrative support tasks (assembling folders, phone work, and filing).
- Social Media – Help us grow our online community. Create and collect content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more.
- Office Support – Help staff with filing, organizing, shredding, and other miscellaneous office duties.
- Mailing Party – Collate and organize mass mailings.
- Library Assistant – Assist with cataloging and checkout of library books, restocking pamphlets, and organizing library shelves.
- Website Administrator – Help maintain security and updates for www.bcconnections.org.
- Graphic Designer – Design print and online materials such as direct mail solicitations, cards, brochures, etc.
- Photographer – Take digital photos for print and online publications. Photograph fundraising or program events and set-up photo shoots at BCC.