11th Annual Breast Cancer Conference
Sharing Knowledge & Creating Hope
Saturday, November 1, 2014
Each year, we see extraordinary progress in treatment options for breast cancer. Our Annual Conference is an opportunity to celebrate progress, share knowledge, and create hope. This highly regarded conference brings together 300 attendees, including breast cancer patients and survivors, medical professionals, therapists, and health educators.
- The impact of emotional support on the cancer journey – David Spiegel, M.D., Ph.D.
- Survivor Story – Katya Lezin
- Reducing chemotherapy-induced hair loss with cold caps – Michelle Melisko, M.D.
- Emerging therapies in the treatment of breast cancer – Hope Rugo, M.D.
- Reconstruction Panel – John Griffin, M.D., Gabriel Kind, M.D., Steven Bates, M.D.
- Genetics : Gene Panels – Frank delaRama, MS, R.N.
- Body Image – Barbara Kirsch, Ph.D.
- Exercise and Rehabilitation – Regan Fedric, ACSM, CES & Sharon Leslie, P.T.
2014 Conference Schedule
2013 Conference Schedule
- 9:15 a.m. Looking Back: Advances in Understanding the Biology of Breast Cancer View Slides
- 10:15 a.m. Survivor Story: Inflammatory Breast Cancer View Slides
- 11:30 a.m. Dealing with Side Effects: Lymphedema
- 1:40 p.m. Understanding the Breast Density Law View Slides
- 2:50 p.m. Rehabilitation and Physical Recovery After Breast Surgery View Slides
- 2:50 p.m. Integrative Oncology
- 2:50 p.m. Updates on the Treatment of Metastatic Breast Cancer
- 4:00 p.m. Nutrition During & After Treatment View Slides
- 4:00 p.m. One Day at a Time: After Cancer Treatment View Slides
- 4:00 p.m. Smart Consumer Panel: Shopping for Your Health View Slides