Join Our Team
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls, please.
Job Opening: Development Coordinator
The Development Coordinator is a full time, non-exempt position reporting to the Development Officer. The Development Coordinator is responsible for the management of the donor database, campaign and event planning, major donor research and prospecting, and corporate and foundation giving. The Development Coordinator works closely with Development Officer, Executive Director, and Fund Development Committee to create and implement strategies associated with the major gift cycle. This is a position that provides an opportunity for an individual to gain experience and training in many aspects of a nonprofit organization, including fundraising procedures, strategy, as well as program implementation.
- Management of development database, including: gift processing, generating acknowledgment letters, and monthly reports.
- In conjunction with the Development Officer, perform prospect research for individual donors and prioritize results in a strategic way.
- Research corporate giving and foundation prospects to help build pipeline.
- Maintain an accurate record of grant requests submitted, results, and follow-up reporting.
- Coordinate and implement all direct mail campaigns along with the Development Officer and Marketing Manager.
- Coordinate development events such as donor recognition events and fundraising events.
- Coordinate Fall Solicitation process, including personal notes written by the Board and coordinating the mailing party.
- Partner with the Development Officer to solicit and recommit Community Partners.
- Pull reports and additional materials for Fund Development Committee meetings, in consultation with the Development Officer and Executive Director.
- Attend all Fund Development Committee meetings and take minutes for distribution.
Summary of qualifications
- Careful attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated initiative and follow-through
- Ability to think strategically and translate that thinking into appropriate strategies.
- Grant management and writing experience preferred.
- High energy and sense of humor.
- Ability to interact with staff, volunteers, Board Members, clients and all external constituencies in a cheerful and professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated interest in the field of development.
- Commitment to client services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel.
Full-time, hourly, non-exempt position, benefits package. Application Process: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com No calls, please.