Join Our Team
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No calls, please.
Open Staff Positions:
- Program Manager
- Development Coordinator
As a key member of the program team, the Program Manager will work closely with the Director of Programs and Services to plan, implement, and evaluate all programs and services. The Program Manager will work closely with staff colleagues, volunteers and clients. This position reports directly to the Director of Programs and Services.
Clients and Volunteers
- Provide information and support to clients either by phone, in person, or online.
- Work with a variety of volunteers to ensure delivery of BCC’s programs and services.
- Provide support to Helpline. Train and answer questions about programs and client interface and assist in triaging client-related issues.
- Manage The Boutique. Audit boutique supplies, display products in a presentable fashion, and provide direct support to clients seeking wigs, hats, bras, prostheses, etc. Liaise with retailers to maintain Wig Resource List and boutique supplies.
- Update bimonthly program calendar content for Marketing Manager.
- Update and contribute fresh program content for social media, blog, and website.
- Participate in the Marketing Committee to provide programmatic perspective.
- Assist in implementation of outreach efforts.
- Maintain program content and live program calendar on WordPress website.
- Assist in researching, developing, and implementing programs and services.
- Perform quality checks of programs and services. Liaise with group facilitators, presenters, and community partners to ensure programs and services are executed as planned.
Cross Department Collaboration
- Work in collaboration with other staff to develop and execute trainings
- Work effectively across departments and with external partners.
Data Management & Reporting
- Tracking, analyzing, and reporting a wide array of metrics and creating new metrics as the need arises.
- Determine KPIs (key performance indicators) that measure program effectiveness
- Manage client data in MS Access database. Monitor multi-user activity to ensure client service requests are met.
- Coordinate MS Access client data with Exceed.
- Assist Director of Programs with program monitoring and an evaluation system to provide the highest levels of program delivery.
- Assist Director of Programs with planning and implementing annual events such as Honoring Life, Discovering Complementary Therapies Day, and Annual Conference.
- Assist Development Officer with acquiring corporate sponsorships. Prepare sponsor packages and solicit appropriate prospects.
Other duties as assigned
Summary of Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a supportive non-profit environment and have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, and 1-3 years of experience
- Strong data management skills and experience using data and reporting to guide decision-making and programmatic quality assurance
- Exceptional communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access; significant experience with relational databases a plus
- Demonstrated initiative and follow-through
- Knowledge of cancer related issues desirable
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse group
- Sense of humor
The successful candidate must be strategic, numbers driven, team-oriented, collaborative, flexible, results-oriented and able to work with minimal supervision.
Full-time, exempt position, benefits package.
The Development Coordinator is a full time, non-exempt position reporting to the Development Officer. The Development Coordinator is responsible for the management of the donor database, campaign and event planning, major donor research and prospecting, and corporate and foundation giving. The Development Coordinator works closely with Development Officer, Executive Director, and Fund Development Committee to create and implement strategies associated with the major gift cycle. This is a position that provides an opportunity for an individual to gain experience and training in many aspects of a nonprofit organization, including fundraising procedures, strategy, as well as program implementation.
- Management of development database, including: gift processing, generating acknowledgment letters, and monthly reports.
- In conjunction with the Development Officer, perform prospect research for individual donors and prioritize results in a strategic way.
- Research corporate giving and foundation prospects to help build pipeline.
- Maintain an accurate record of grant requests submitted, results, and follow-up reporting.
- Coordinate and implement all direct mail campaigns along with the Development Officer and Marketing Manager.
- Coordinate development events such as donor recognition events and fundraising events.
- Coordinate Fall Solicitation process, including personal notes written by the Board and coordinating the mailing party.
- Partner with the Development Officer to solicit and recommit Community Partners.
- Pull reports and additional materials for Fund Development Committee meetings, in consultation with the Development Officer and Executive Director.
- Attend all Fund Development Committee meetings and take minutes for distribution.
Summary of qualifications
- Careful attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated initiative and follow-through
- Ability to think strategically and translate that thinking into appropriate strategies
- Grant management and writing experience preferred
- High energy and sense of humor
- Ability to interact with staff, volunteers, Board Members, clients and all external constituencies in a cheerful and professional demeanor
- Demonstrated interest in the field of development
- Commitment to client services
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Full-time, hourly, non-exempt position, benefits package.