Join Our Team
If you are passionate about women’s health, helping others, and building community, we want to hear from you. Bay Area Cancer Connections currently has 10 staff members, and more than 400 volunteers who are essential to fulfilling the organization’s mission of providing personalized information and support to breast and ovarian cancer patients, family, and friends.
Interested in volunteering?
Please visit our volunteer webpage to learn how you can get involved.
As a key member of the program team, the Program Associate will work closely with the Director of Programs and Services to plan, implement, and evaluate all programs and services. The Program Associate will work closely with staff colleagues, volunteers, and clients. This position requires the ability to provide exceptional customer service to all those involved with the agency and the ability to work well as part of a team. This position requires the flexibility and ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Provide information and support to clients either by phone, in person, or online.
- Work with a variety of volunteers to ensure delivery of BCC’s programs and services.
- Provide administrative support to our Helpline (staffed by volunteers) and provide back-up to the Helpline as needed.
- Train Helpline and other volunteers, and answer questions about programs and client interface.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all clients and feel comfortable interacting with clients who may have recently received a cancer diagnosis or are currently receiving treatment for breast or ovarian cancer.
- Manage The Boutique. Audit boutique supplies, display products in a presentable fashion, and provide direct support to clients seeking wigs, hats, bras, prostheses, etc. Liaise with retailers to maintain Wig Resource List and boutique supplies.
- Update Program Calendar on Bay Area Cancer Connections Website.
- Assist in implementation of outreach efforts.
- Provide assistance with quality checks of programs and services. Liaise with group facilitators, presenters, and community partners to ensure programs and services are executed as planned.
- Assist Director of Programs with tracking, analyzing, and reporting a wide array of metrics and creating new metrics as needed.
- Assist Director of Programs with program monitoring and an evaluation system to provide the highest levels of program delivery.
- Assist Director of Programs with planning and implementing annual events such as Honoring Life, Discovering Complementary Therapies Day, and our Annual Conference.
- Assist Development Officer with acquiring corporate sponsorships. Prepare sponsor packages and solicit appropriate prospects.
- Inventory office supplies, items for the Comfort Tote, and supplies for the Boutique.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Programs.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a supportive non-profit environment and have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, and 1-3 years of experience
- Strong data management skills and experience using data to guide decision-making and programmatic quality assurance
- Exceptional communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage clients, staff, and volunteers in a professional manner
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access; significant experience with relational databases a plus
- Able to work independently and as a positive member of a team
- Demonstrated initiative and follow-through
- Knowledge of cancer related issues desirable
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse group people
- Sense of humor
The successful candidate must be passionate, strategic, numbers driven, team-oriented, collaborative, flexible, results-oriented and able to work with minimal supervision.
Full Time/Exempt Position
To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org