Bay Area Cancer Connections (formerly Breast Cancer Connections) is a nonprofit organization located in the San Francisco Bay Area, but you’re welcome to call us from anywhere.
Our mission is to support people touched by breast and ovarian cancer by providing comprehensive, personalized services in an atmosphere of warmth and compassion.
Learn more about our free programs and services.
To be a self-sustaining organization at the forefront of community-based cancer support by being a trusted partner to our clients, medical community, donors, and collaborative organizations, while striving to address shifting gaps in cancer services.
- We place the needs of our clients first.
- We empower clients by providing education that helps them make informed decisions.
- We provide personalized services directly and through partnerships across the continuum of care.
- We value the experience, knowledge, and involvement of volunteers, breast cancer survivors, their families, and caregivers.
- We are committed to providing our services free of charge.
In January 1994, the dream and the number of people sharing it began to grow as more than 250 people participated in brainstorming sessions on how best to meet the needs of breast cancer survivors and their families. Brainstorming participants agreed that an organization was needed to do three things:
- Offer patient and family support in a safe, welcoming environment
- Inform and educate
- Improve coordination of medical care and community resources
In April 1994, Bay Area Cancer Connections (originally known as Community Breast Health Project) began to transform the shared dream into reality. Buttressed by office space and a part-time director provided by Stanford University Hospital, as well as an outstanding volunteer force, BCC began to establish a presence in the community.
In 2013, Bay Area Cancer Connections expanded programs and services to support both breast cancer and ovarian cancer clients. As an organization committed to ensuring that no one faces breast cancer alone, we feel privileged to be able to fulfill that same commitment for those facing ovarian cancer.
Today, BCC continues to grow to meet the changing needs of the cancer community. Our growth has ensured that we continue to provide personalized, high-quality services and support for our clients.
For more information please call our Helpine at (650) 326-6686 or toll free (888) 222-4401.